Designed for pulse width modulated (PWM) control of DC motors, the AT6250 is capable of peak output currents to ±3.5 A and operating voltages to 40 V.
Input terminals are provided for use in controlling the speed and direction of a DC motor with externally applied PWM control signals. Internal synchronous rectification control circuitry is provided to lower power dissipation during PWM operation.
Internal circuit protection includes overcurrent protection, motor lead short to ground or supply, thermal shutdown with hysteresis, undervoltage monitoring of VBB, and crossover- current protection.
For high ambient operating temperature applications, an automotive grade device is offered (AT6250K). The K grade device is tested across extended temperature and voltage ranges to ensure compliance in automotive or industrial applications.
The AT6250 is provided in a low-profile 8-pin SOICN package with exposed thermal pad (suffix LJ) that is lead (Pb) free, with 100% matte tin leadframe plating
• Low RDS(on) outputs
• Overcurrent protection (OCP)
▫ Motor short protection
▫ Motor lead short to ground protection
▫ Motor lead short to battery protection
• Low Power Standby mode
• Adjustable PWM current limit
• Synchronous rectification
• Internal undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
• Crossover-current protection
• AT6250K is AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified
• Commercial temperature grade (AT6250E: –40°C to 85°C )
• Automotive temperature grade (AT6250K: –40°C to 125°C)